The Data Entry/Payroll Clerk will be responsible to ensuring that all time worked is entered into the system timely and accurately so that payroll can be processed.
- Responsible for setting up each payroll batch as assigned which includes the cover summary. Payrolls can be submitted via paper or other electronic means. This will prepare the payroll to be processed timely and accurately.
- Responsible to understand and applying rules and protocols that are noted on payroll summary which can vary from payroll to payroll even within client.
- Responsible for entering in all assigned timecards along with the necessary information into payroll software based on client protocols.
- Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Assists coordinators with preparation of payrolls, which may include (but not limited to) printing and organizing new hire paperwork and spreadsheets.
- Depending on client set up, expected to deliver check stubs by a password protected file and sending via approved email addresses to individual client employees.
- Assist coordinators with distribution, filing and logging of invoices
- Will efficiently process payroll by ensuring that we are complying with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Performs quality control final check of payroll audit reports. The check may include but is not limited to handling fees, deductions, manual taxes, and local tax code entries, workers’ comp codes, SUI, supplemental FUTA calculations and entry.
- Will be able to successfully complete any responsibility of the Data Entry Clerk
- Performing any additional tasks deemed necessary by supervisor
- At least 6 months experience in payroll, accounting or data entry required
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective, clear communication skills
- Positive, nurturing attitude/disposition
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to meeting strict deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of PC systems, not limited to Microsoft Office
- Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and ability to work with personnel from all levels of organization
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – Some positions may require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.