This position is a multi-faceted assignment that requires an individual to perform various functions. This position is direct support for the Payroll Management Team. The position requires an individual that can switch priorities to support the functions of a large fast-paced department.
- Answering the phones for the office routing calls as necessary, and taking messages when team members are away from their desks.
- Research and resolve client and employee inquiries as assigned.
- Retrieve documents form secondary storage upon request.
- Maintain coordinator desk routine for packing and labeling payroll documents for secondary storage.
- Handles invalid I-9 notifications by sending letters to clients.
- Handles payroll check returns, investigates addresses, contacts production, maintains logs for unclaimed property, etc.
- Handles client’s special check delivery requirements such as HBO etc.
- Handles general email employee inquires.
- Administers IRS employee withholdings restrictions.
- Proficient in the office phone system and usage.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- GED or equivalent required; 4 year degree preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to work towards the team and individual goals.
- Must exhibit a sense of urgency concerning client servicing.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients.
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices.
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented.
Special Working Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may require occasionally exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.