The Payroll System Analyst is responsible for working in the Cast & Crew Hours to Gross (HTG) system to identify, configure, and test complex collective bargaining agreement provisions, federal and local labor statutes. This role supports the payroll operations’ area and is highly focused on delivering operational excellence, ensuring accurate gross payroll results as well as contributing to functional testing and design. This position will support Payroll Operations and will be responsible for helping manage the HTG contract tables for the Company. The position requires proven entertainment industry payroll expertise and a high degree of comfort with systems analysis.
- Identify, analyze, and document the pay conditions of complex union/guild labor agreements
- Configure the pay rules and conditions within the HTG system for the various labor agreements
- Participate in the design and development of testing materials and methods, as well as perform testing of rules and functionality
- Contribute to user training and documentation, including the development of various training materials
- Use systems analysis techniques and procedures while working closely with Payroll Operations, Labor Relations and the Information Technology areas to identify the requirements of all three groups, with the goal of supporting an effective and accurate HTG system
- Facilitate various ad hoc projects as needed
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the entertainment payroll industry working with industry labor contracts
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Strong understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, and practices
- Ability to quickly comprehend/learn new processes, systems, and methods
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal-oriented, and people-oriented
- Focused on meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Use several analytical techniques to identify various solutions and weigh the value of each
- Champion methods, procedures, systems, or process improvements which reduce time and effort
- Solves a problem by analyzing its component parts and identifying the key or underlying issues
- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.