The Senior Software Engineer is a .NET Core expert who will help to build our next generation of products and services while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in financial systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
- As part of an agile team, build and enhance financial business application software for the entertainment industry.
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Follow best practices related to coding, testing and building software using .NET Core in a cloud base continuous integration environment.
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 5+ years hands-on .NET and .NET Core (C#, Asp.net core, Rest, Web API) development
- 5+ years using SQL and relational databases (SQL Server, or Oracle, Postgres a plus)
- Hands on cloud base development experience (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Experience using Apache Kafka
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging is essential.
- Solid experience building large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications
- Solid experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with role and rule based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (LDAP, single sign-on, etc)
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices
- Experience using Redis is a plus
- Experience using Elastic Search is a plus
- Financial systems experience (accounting, payroll, etc.) a plus
- BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time, 401K option, and more! For a full list of openings, please visit https://www.castandcrew.com/company/careers/ and click on the #JoinTheCrew link.
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/