The Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and is the point of contact for the client in all aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all Canadian related payrolls, union and non-union. Extensive knowledge of Canadian unions and guilds is necessary.
- Process in-coming payroll, which includes breaking of timecards in accordance with all applicable Federal, Provincial, and Collective Bargaining Agreement regulations.
- Accountable and responsible for quality service in assisting and servicing clients in regards to payroll production, tax-related issues, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs including: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports including: timecard verification, fringe, payroll history, pencan, buyout, and tax credit reports including canall and canfox.
- Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the clients payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- Customer focus
- Focused on meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers
- Treats people with respect
- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Is tactful and uses diplomacy
- Makes others comfortable and puts them at ease
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Capable of diffusing tense situations comfortably
- Works collaboratively with others
- Willingly shares information
- Works with team to solve problems and resolve issues
- Thinks “we” not “I”; works for best solution rather than own solution
- Promotes a team spirit of common effort and results
- Actively supports team decisions
- Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
- Overcomes barriers to achieve success
- Allocates own time efficiently
- Prioritizes and handles multiple demands
- Eliminates inefficiencies
- Uses technology to enhance productivity
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks under daily deadlines
- Dialogue effectively with clients to identify needs, prioritize requests, and remove extraneous information
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment, while providing and receiving constructive feedback.
Planning and Organizing
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to work out what needs to be done, by when and getting it organized
- Good at varying approach with the situation
- Capably handles multiple priorities and shifting demands
- Can determine priorities in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment
- Takes full responsibility for outcomes
- Exhausts all avenues to complete assignments
- Follows through on commitments and agreements
- Assumes personal ownership; does not blame or justify
Problem Solving Skills
- Is extremely well organized and accustomed to maintaining meticulous records
- Solves a problem by analyzing its component parts and identifying the key or underlying issues
- Four year college degree preferred
- Multi-level relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work towards team and individual goals
- Knowledge in using an analytical approach to breaking payroll
- Must exhibit sense of urgency with regard to client servicing
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices and financial arrangement
- Must have the ability to break payroll and learn advanced concepts when read.
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the entertainment payroll industry.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
- The ability to work on a computer and calculator by touch are both necessary skills.
Special Working Conditions
- May work an alternate work schedule such as a 10 hours per day/4 days a week
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Sedentary - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com