COMPANYAt 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams taking part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
0x Labs created and now contributes to 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Our flagship product is Matcha, a decentralized exchange that makes it safe and easy for anyone in the world to access crypto assets on Ethereum.
Lastly, 0x Labs encompasses Periscope Trading, a specialized liquidity desk focused on creating frontier decentralized markets and assets, as well as seeking alpha with proprietary strategies.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
The Protocol team ensures 0x remains the most resilient, flexible, and future-proofed protocol for decentralized exchange. They own our smart contract architecture and development, solving greenfield challenges around liquidity, market structures, governance, cross-chain interoperability, security, and mechanism design.
You’ll work closely alongside:
- Greg Hysen, Protocol’s Engineering Manager. Prior to taking on this role, he led distributed systems engineering at a 3d-mapping drone company and was an individual contributor on our Protocol team, where he drove the redesign of 0x protocol’s economics in v3;
- A small and growing team of world-class Solidity/protocol engineers from diverse technical backgrounds, including folks who’ve done notable solo open-source Ethereum development, built AI infrastructure at Facebook, and audited security-critical smart contracts across the industry;
- Various other stakeholders and teams across 0x Labs, with closest proximity to our Networks team (responsible for 0x Mesh, cross-chain development, and zero-knowledge/scalability initiatives)
- Research and drive high-level decisions about 0x protocol architecture, incentive structures, and features
- Spec, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, within a collaboratively minded team
- Keep attuned to the rapidly evolving blockchain/crypto space and introduce innovative functionality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Analyze transaction and usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement
- Experience writing high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- Knowledge of the EVM, blockchain technology, and cryptoeconomic protocols
- Strong communication, ownership, and collaboration skills
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered for you and your family
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment
- Monthly co-working space and mobile phone expense
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF, available for all team members
- Daily at-home lunch delivery in SF and additional meal reimbursements
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe