At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
0x API is liquidity infrastructure for the internet. It provides developers seamless access to aggregated liquidity, enabling the future of Decentralized Finance applications on Ethereum as well as other blockchain networks. The 0x API is designed to make it easy for DeFi developers to tap into DEX liquidity in a fast, reliable, and easy to use way so they can focus on what matters: their product.
Tens of companies of all sizes — from public companies like Coinbase to DeFi native applications like Matcha and Zapper — use 0x API to enable trading, investing and portfolio management. Since launch in early 2020, 0x API has facilitated over 5 million trades from nearly one million unique users — adding up to more than $37B in traded volume.
As a Product Manager on the 0x API team, you’ll play a key role in building out our fastest growing product and a common engine amongst DeFi applications. You’ll also work closely with an amazing group of product and engineering trailblazers.
YOUR ROLE AS A PRODUCT MANAGER FOR 0X API
0x API is one of 0x Labs long term bets to grow access to decentralized markets and smart contracts. This means establishing and growing 0x API as the liquidity infrastructure for the internet and onboarding the next wave of DeFi developers and builders. In this role you will be responsible for driving the 0x API’s product roadmap — ideating and developing new features for new and existing integrators. You will do that by partnering with engineers to turn ideas into reality.
WHO YOU ARE
First and foremost, you are passionate about solving difficult problems and creating meaningful products. You are a creative and logical human that is able to decompose ambiguous problems into digestible pieces, prioritize solving them and delegate tasks appropriately. You're adept at analyzing tradeoffs between different solutions and ideas, you aim to make the most of the resources at your disposal, and you're scrappy enough to pull together more resources when necessary. You're capable of and enjoy inspiring and mobilizing the teams you work with towards ambitious goals.
You have shipped products you are proud of, unlocking value for users. You have a natural inclination to identify solutions to real problems, formulate plans on how to bring them to life and become obsessed about figuring out whether your hunch was right. You are agile when digesting learnings, and comfortable with ambiguity.
0x API is a DeFi native product and we operate in a nascent, rapidly evolving industry. The projects you'll end up working on will sometimes demand knowledge of early, niche, and/or experimental tech, and in many cases, demand that we create such tech ourselves.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Data to develop and ship new products and services to help 0x API onboard the next wave of DeFi developers and builders.
- Research and intimately understand our integrators’ goals, needs, and pain points. Translate them into short-, medium-, and long-term product roadmaps that address these problems and opportunities.
- Establish 1-1 relationships with high-value integrators, together with the rest of the team.
- Use data to understand how integrators and their users are using 0x API and identify opportunities for growth.
- Craft metrics that accurately reflect your organization's goals and work to influence them with the team.
- Evaluate trade-offs between different decisions and clearly communicate these decisions to a range of different audiences.
- Clearly communicate your team's priorities and product roadmap across the company, and drive consensus around any conflicts.
- Be a public face for 0x when meeting with other teams, speaking at events, and/or writing external-facing materials.
- At least 3 years of Product Management managing technical software products from kick-off to ship, preferably in crypto, fintech or developer tools.
- Familiarity using research, experimentation, and product analytics to guide decision making.
- Experience shipping products with great user experiences at scale.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Experience building products with great user experiences at scale.
- Technical or software engineering background.
- SQL and data crunching skills
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge about decentralized finance, 0x and other blockchain technologies.
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.