What you’re doing
The role of the Maintenance Manager works closely with the Operational teams and Tech Team as well as the wider business, to support Beer Hawk’s continued ambitious, growth plans. This roles required you to act as the first point of contact for tech related issues, particularly focusing on the Operational and WMS elements – including printers, computers and PDA’s within the warehouse. The role is based from our warehouse at TL2 in Leeds and will be focused on creating new procedures, escalation issues, embedding new tech equipment, problem solving and supporting others by upskilling them. You will also be responsible for looking after equipment within the warehouse, such as the conveyer belt. This role does not require you to be able to make technical repairs – although that would be a plus, but an understanding of equipment, a passion for Tech and being able to identify issues is essential.
Reporting into the Beer Hawk Tech team, the key responsibilities include:
- Organising and maintaining all tech related equipment inc: PC’s, Printers, Networks
- Manage sub-contractors & service providers where required
- Act as the intermediate between Operations and service providers
- Ensure conformity and follow-up of machine manufacturing requirements
- Provide insight on any change requirements to the relevant engineer
- Arrange and hold training for machine operators
- Work on tenders and negotiation of services when required
- Take responsibility for the auto conveyor including strapping and labelling
- Manage computer equipment, including organising equipment pre-use and setting up new equipment
- Research & create proposals for order picking stations
- Conveyor server monitoring/backup
- Ensure the warehouse printing system connection is maintained
- Look after the warehouse PDA including maintenance
- Ensure the maintenance of the Warehouse as well as the technical installations (heating, energy and fluid networks, weak current networks, etc.). Liaise with service provides as necessary
- Participate in budget development and expenditure controls with the wider Operations & Tech teams
- Optimization of waste sorting (within the tech arena)
Skills & Experience you need to do the role:
- Experience working with IT Systems including, including printers, computers, PDA’s, bringing
- Ability to manage multiple complex machines and maintain them
- Experience working with service providers and subcontractors and able to delegate and manage according
- Able to facilitate training as the subject matter expert
- Experience working within a warehouse environment and have insight into the needs of operational teams
- Experience and understanding of tender negotiations
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Knowledge and passion for Tech equipment and ability to escalate when necessary for meet technical requirements
The behaviours we know work
- Being a true self-starter. Beer Hawk are proud of the speed at which our business moves so we like to work with those who are willing to be a part of the our fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is inherently curious - you know how to ask questions to get to the heart of the matter.
- Skills and experience are great but what’s crucial is enthusiasm for the role and the ability to embody Beer Hawk’s values.