OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Do you fit this description?
We are seeking a proven experienced Customer Success professional to join us in building, leading and scaling a best-in-class Customer Success organisation to support Zuora’s growth ambitions: to be the company to whom the world’s best companies turn to for driving the technology and business transformations necessary to win in the Subscription Economy.
You will build lasting relationships with our most important clients from successful Subscription business launches to identification of new Subscription services use cases, and ongoing strategic support that increases satisfaction, maximizes the Zuora experience and ultimately drives revenue retention and growth. We win when our customers win.
The strategic and the operational
As our SCustomer Success Manager you will manage day-to-day operational and long term strategic business relationships with Zuora’s strategic customers to drive tangible business benefits, outcomes and real business value. The CSM promotes adoption of Zuora’s products and services to meet the current and future business requirements of our customers. The CSM will also play a critical role in managing customer escalations and proactively communicating upcoming product changes and enhancements. Cultivating key customers as Zuora advocates in the Zuora community and subscription economy is a requirement for this role.
A Team game
This is a team endeavour, so the CSM will have excellent working relationships with other teams within Zuora who will be active within their account(s). Specifically, a strong collaborative partnership with the Sales, Support, Services and Product teams will be key to this role. The CSM is a positive advocate for the customer within Zuora and will be a professional representative at all times in this post-sale role.
The keys to success in this role are the ability to facilitate work sessions with all levels in a customer organization, troubleshoot to identify gaps between best practice and actual usage of Zuora, and clearly communicate recommendations that enable the customer to fully adopt Zuora in order to grow their business in the Subscription Economy.
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing Zuora customers, owning renewal of customer base and churn target.
- Conduct optimization workshops to document business processes, identify opportunities for improvements and gaps in best practices, and create and present recommendations to customers who have deployed Zuora Billing and Revpro.
- Support customers coming out of implementation and launch and assist with accelerating time to revenue for the customer and Zuora.
- Define operational metrics, objectives and key results for your customers. Achieve operational excellence by continuous measurement and communication of these to peers and leadership.
- Experienced in managing Strategic Customers who by nature are Multi national, Multi Business unit, Multi Stakeholder, technically complex architectural ecosystems, typically with a strong Global SI Presence.
- Work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Zuora adoption will address their critical needs both immediately and, in the future.
- Partner with sales leadership to grow Zuora revenue via upsells while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Trusted Advisor for key business owners and executives including CxOs.
- Cultivate relationships with key customer roles from functional owners to senior management.
- Proactively identify where and how Zuora capabilities can deliver incremental business value.
- Build account expansion and retention plan with Account Executive with clear objectives, requirements and action plan that delineates roles, responsibilities and target timelines with the aim of driving value within their current contract with Zuora.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of Zuora-related technical issues, including coordination of cross-departmental Zuora resources (e.g., Support, Professional Services engagements).
- Serves as a the customer’ advocate to other Zuora resources in Product, Services, and Sales as needed.
- Defines and executes a Success Plan addressing conflict along the way.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 4+ Years in a customer-facing or Customer Success role within an enterprise software or software-as-a-service organisation.
- Familiarity with implementation and support of Financial, ERP, CRM or other large scale business systems.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment.
- Understand and articulate Customer value and the business initiatives that underpin value.
- Develop success plans that support Customer expansion, retention and advocacy.
- Orchestrate an internal Cross functional team of Services, Sales, Product Management, engineering and drive a success plan to deliver net dollar retention.
- Strong ability to align technical concepts & features to business needs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at facilitating workshops as well as excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to present technical concepts effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and business topics.
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.