Our Vision & Mission
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Here at Zuora we pride ourselves on having the best customers, the most impressive investors, the most comprehensive ecosystem, and the only true SaaS-based application leading the subscription economy. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with a company that is poised for success, and set on a trajectory for huge growth. Zuora China is aggressively building a world-class organization, and carries out critical work in Research & Development, Quality Engineering, Program Management, and Global Support in order to better meet the increasing demand of a fast-growing customer base.
Are you interested in solving complex business problems with cutting edge technologies, designing generic solutions for wide-ranging business requirements and building mission-critical SaaS systems to be used by large Enterprise companies? Are you excited about Big Data technology, Cloud technology and microservice architecture? Are you inspired to see how Zuora is innovating and powering Subscription Economy?
Come and join Zuora Engineering!
- Working with product management and other engineering teams to design, build and operate Zuora’s next generation products, including Order/Subscriptions, Billing, Payments, Finance and Revenue products.
- Design and develop highly flexible common components and APIs that enable product customizability and extensibility.
- Solve performance and scalability issues for fast-growing systems.
- Understand the platform needs of other functional areas, and provide design and development assistance as required.
- Understand the needs of users and build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for best practices to produce reliable, maintainable and fault tolerant software.
- Help with Zuora’s transition to micro-service and cloud-based architecture.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- Love solving hard problems and building solid solutions.
- Self motivated, takes ownership to drive tasks to completion.
- Curious and eager to learn, experiment and try new things.
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within an agile development team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant education/experience.
- Good verbal and written English communication.
- 3-5 years software development experience specializing in backend, platform, or infrastructure development in Java, C++ or another object oriented language
- Strong database knowledge. Knows SQL and NoSQL as well as when to use each.
- Have designed and built web applications and possess expertise in related concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Have great ideas, and can run with them to produce great results.
- Hands-on experience in cloud and devops technologies (Docker, Terraform, AWS services)
- Knows how to implement and operate performant and scalable distributed systems, particularly a SaaS product.
- Exposure to functional programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with web applications and UI concepts like AJAX, SPA, sessions etc.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com