For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora is looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. The desired candidate will thrive in environments where uncertainty is common and is skilled in bridging business and sales needs. This position will play a key role in working with cross functional teams to lead our Orders team for efficiency and scale. You will provide leadership and guidance to the team in structuring deals and driving process improvements. It's an exciting time to join the Zuora team!
What You’ll Do & Achieve
- Create and advise alternative and innovative pricing strategies and structures which complies to our internal process and policies.
- Communicate with Sales and senior executives to provide Deal Desk messaging and to review specific transactions seeking necessary approval as required by internal corporate policy.
- Enhance and maintain an efficient Order to Close process
- Monitoring and evaluation of all Orders issues
- Ensuring all order forms are processed in compliance with company process and policies
- Partnering with Sales Operations, Rev Rec, legal and Business Systems to drive process improvements and automation
- Collaborating with sales leadership and sales representatives to develop pricing strategies, dynamic Excel models as part of the proposal building process primarily for large enterprise and strategic accounts
- Developing tools that help the Sales team effectively price and structure deals while managing to certain business metrics and requirements
- Be a sales-facing subject matter expert on Order Form structuring, processes, and policies
- This role is intended to support our East coast sales and a portion of the EMEA sales team based in the UK.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years of Deal Desk, Finance, Bid Management, Accounting, Sales Operations and/or Orders Management background
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems and drive consensus to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze, model and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and quantitative experience required
- Strong knowledge of end to end Quote to Cash Process, including experience with Salesforce preferred
- Strong organizational and execution skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to make process improvement recommendations
- Nice to have skills set: Salesforce certified administrator to collaborate with our internal business technology team.
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606
- Elaborate understanding of contractual terms in Saas agreements and comfortable reading legal contract language
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior experience with modeling and analysis preferred
- Ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Ability to manage multiple variables / levers, and toggle approach within defined parameters based on customer needs and business objectives
- Clear and thoughtful communicator with exceptional critical thinking skills
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com