OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
The Product Management team at Zuora are in the frontlines, intimately working with Zuora customers and users to identify product opportunities, functional requirements and business processes. We translate this data into product strategy, roadmap and detailed requirements that are hyper focused on business impact and customer value. Product Managers evangelize with internal and external stakeholders for buy-in and partner with engineering to bring their product to life. Additionally, Product Managers will ensure success of their product by working with their Product Marketing counterparts to drive pricing strategy, product positioning, promotional planning, product launches and product adoption strategies.
YOUR MISSION: Develop product strategy and bring to market solutions that improve Zuora’s Platform Services and tools for Enterprise readiness, Compliance and Security.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Discover customer needs continuously by engaging and collaborating with our customers, conducting competitive research and following industry trends
- Drive the product roadmap, leveraging data insights to conduct thorough and precise discovery of new features and prioritization of the most valuable features
- Drive product improvements by defining and gathering metrics that help identify friction, measure success, and drive fast iteration loops
- Deliver a high quality final product, ensuring it delivers the value the customers expect from it
- Converge on a solution, coordinating and collaborating with other interdependent product domains
- Partner with our engineering teams through implementation of new products and features ensuring a high quality product is achieved
- Drive adoption by collaborating and partnering with the Sales team and Customer Success Managers to make sure they understand the value of the features we are delivering
- Partner with the Product Marketing and Training team to help them produce high quality, effective collateral
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Ability to think like a CEO to drive the success of the developer experience and tools for Zuora’s Central Platform.
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas
- At least 5+ years of technical product management experience and demonstrated success at leading enterprise software company
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Participate actively in standard agile activities such as daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint retrospectives, sprint demos, user experience
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization.
- Ideally experience with discovering and delivering valuable administration tools (e.g. user management, data segmentations, authorization / permissions and profile managements).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work with distributed engineering, sales, and services teams
- Passion for the market and opportunity Zuora is pursuing
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.