For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Director Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit
Zuora is seeking an execution-oriented and strong team player who is capable of working across the organization. The ideal candidate possesses a familiarity with both Financial and IT controls. The candidate must have a firm grasp of SOX framework, Enterprise Risk Assessment and Operational audits. This is a highly visible, cross functional role and requires a unique mix of Industry knowledge, organizational skills and good communication and presentation skills.This role will report to the Audit Committee of Zuora’s Board of Directors and administratively to the Director of Finance.
- Communicate regularly and directly with the Board (Audit Committee), CFO, CAO, General Counsel, and other Executives
- Lead the annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process by identifying significant locations and critical processes and ensure an adequate scope and testing of Zuora’s financial statement based risks
- Participate in establishing an Enterprise Risk Assessment process and assist in developing and executing a dynamic audit plan to address high risk areas
- Manage co-sourced consultants and optimize their engagement according to budget. Act as the lead in the scoping, budgeting, tracking of budget versus actuals and status reporting as needed.
- Critically evaluate current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation.
- Act as the “go-to” person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Liaise with the external auditors and proactively coordinate the SOX and other audit related matters to ensure, amongst other things, reliance by External Auditors on Management’s testing, coordination of the PBC request process to minimize impact to the business and alignment of testing results
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned in support of internal audit team and corporate objectives such as business process improvements, planning and execution of operational audit projects
- Demonstrates development of technical and analytical skills to understand business processes, interpret the associated risks, develop testing approach, and propose solutions
- 8+ combination of audit experience in Big 4 and/or corporate environment preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience in project management best practices
- Strong understanding of internal audit standards, SOX, ITGC and COSO
- Good understanding of Cloud applications like Salesforce, Netsuite, Zuora, Xactly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10-15% as needed.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com