For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Our leadership position has been consistently recognized by the leading analysts covering the space: Gartner, IDC and Forrester.
Our growth story is only just beginning we’re looking for a highly collaborative VP of Product Management with the analytical horsepower and problem-solving abilities to help us unlock our next phase of innovation and growth with the Zuora Developer Platform.
The VP of Product Management will leverage our strong foundation to build a world class Developer Platform enabling our customers and partners (i.e. GSIs, ISVs) to easily deploy, integrate, customize and extend our Zuora suite to meet their specific business needs, translating to accelerated ARR growth (i.e. new segments, new markets), improved NPS and increased net revenue retention.
As a key leader in our organization, you’ll help us drive this transformation; developing and executing the strategic vision and product roadmap; cultivating external partnerships and a developer community, and building and nurturing an amazing team.
Unlock the power of Platform for Zuora.
Outcomes to achieve
- Define inspiring vision for the future state of Zuora’s Developer Platform that empowers our customers and partners to easily deploy, integrate, customize and extend our applications and, in the future, enables ISVs to build custom applications
- Build and scale a world-class Platform Product Management organization that product managers crave to be a part of to develop their skills and grow their careers, including: inspiring the team with a compelling vision and strategy; defining the organization structure; unlocking the talent and capabilities of the current team; recruiting top talent
- Partner with Engineering to drive world class execution of the product roadmap, including: defining our platform architecture and standards; building consistent processes; harnessing test and data-driven approaches; and delivering high-quality, high-impact work
- Work with Product Marketing to develop a clear and compelling Marketing Strategy for our Developer Platform, including: building awareness of our unique Developer Platform capabilities; develop the pricing and packaging strategy
- Build a strong external presence and be an external evangelist for our platform vision, technology and product roadmap, influencing: our customer developer community, industry analysts and key partners, including leading system integrators and ISVs
- Be an internal evangelist for our platform capabilities to ensure they are part of everything we do, including: ensuring the adoption of platform capabilities by internal teams; supporting the platform vision across internal product roadmaps
What you’ll need to be successful
- 10+ years leading product management teams within B2B SaaS, PaaS or IaaS companies, with specific experience (5+ years) focused on developer platforms
- A deep love of and empathy for developers as well as building amazing experiences that enable them to thrive
- Developer background with a player-coach mentality that enables you to roll up your sleeves and dig in along side the team
- Proven track record of having skillfully built, mentored and coached 10+ person Product Management organizations into a thoughtful, efficient, and quality team
- Expertise in empowering and instilling confidence in cross-functional teams such as Product, Sales, Global Services, Customer Support, etc.
- Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving business decision-making and product road mapping
- A strong point of view and willingness to thoughtfully make your argument
- Ability to combine both internal user data and consumer insights to help map the product experience
- A passion for living and breathing the user experience, immersing yourself in user trends, research and live interactions
- Ability to complement all decisions with supportive analytics and test/measure performance
- Work seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business
- Known for taking ownership of the outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to actions
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Join us and make shift happen!
To learn more visit www.zuora.com