For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora creates cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is far from over and our Sales team is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe. We are looking for a relationship focused, outcome-oriented Strategic Account Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us take on a $40 billion market opportunity.
As a Strategic Account Manager, you’ll focus on our large fortune 500 customers, helping them to embrace digital transformation, to be disruptors and avoid being disrupted. You’ll enable the most established software, hardware, media, telecom and IOT companies to sustain rapid growth, capture more subscribers and transform their entire business. You’ll work closely with our existing customers as a trusted advisor, further pioneering business transformation and expanding Zuora’s footprint. You will be the CEO aka “ZEO” of your accounts and career – owning, driving the strategy and leading the sales cycle with a cross-functional team including our award-winning customer service team. Join us and be challenged and supported as a salesperson to grow as you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest and most visionary people both in and outside of Zuora.
What you’ll achieve:
- Complete Zuora’s in depth onboarding and sales training to become an expert in Zuora’s messaging, products and services and unique sales approach
- Develop your own territory, account and opportunity plans to manage the complete and complex sales cycles to drive maximum value and adoption of Zuora’s complete product portfolio
- Identify and secure new business opportunities within your assigned book of business
- Exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota; identify opportunities and create a pipeline that will fuel the ongoing growth of your business
- Work cross functionally with our marketing, product and customer service teams to deliver outstanding results
- Accurately forecast profitable and predictable territory performance through adherence of our sales process
- Advocate your customers’ implementations and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring timely resolution any customer service related issues
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 10+ years of solution sales experience managing complex SaaS sales-cycles with demonstrated ownership of territory and account management
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of quotas, revenue goals and the ability to effectively identify and sell to C-level executives
- Passion for building long lasting customer relationships and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results
- Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
- Technologically adept and business acumen focused with outstanding communication both written and oral, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work individually and on a collaborative team in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Strong computer skills including the G-Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Salesforce is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (sales training methodologies is a plus)
- Ability to travel when required
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.