The EHS Site Manager will monitor working conditions to ensure that all activity is compliant with state and federal regulations. This individual will lead safety training seminars, trainings, design effective methods of measuring safety standards and conduct routine safety inspections. You will be a key member of the operations and people team influencing facility culture and continuously improving the safety and health of not only our team members but also visitors and contractors.
- Perform incident investigations and assist in corrective actions
- Conduct job hazard analysis, and recommend preventative/corrective action where EH&S hazards exist
- Create and train employees on EH&S programs and standard operating procedures/work instructions
- Perform administrative duties for the EHS department including but not limited to general data entry and filing of training records, compliance documentation, and other EH&S records
- Develop and support implementation of various safety policies and programs
- Manage Hazardous Waste (WAA, profiles, and coordinate disposal)
- Initiate and maintain pertinent permits for hazardous materials
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect the Zero Injury culture and personal commitment to safety excellence including proactively monitoring site(s) for unsafe behaviors/conditions
- Coordinate any needed Industrial Hygiene exposure assessments or other corporate required testing as required
- Coordinate health and safety inspections, audit programs including corrective action plan implementation and tracking – both internal and external
- Facilitate safety committee. Work with the team to define safety committee charter and identify roles to maintain safety and health programs
- Develop an annual safety calendar (training schedule, milestones, significant activities)
- Maintain SDS Online (Velocity-EHS) chemical management system and manage new chemical approval for the site
- Maintain required information for OSHA recording and reporting as defined in 29 CFR 1904 and applicable California requirements
- Work on workers compensation program administration including case management, recordkeeping and return to work process
- In-depth knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental policy
- Hands on experience with performing audits and writing reports
- Excellent organizational time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written communication and decision making skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft office suite
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- OSHA general industry (30 hour course) and OSHA Recordkeeping training
- Established skill to execute work based on standards, procedures and systems
Location: Camarillo, CA
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume, Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and future booster vaccinations that become available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
All Zume employees must conduct their work in a manner that complies with all legal standards and meets customer expectations. They will maintain quality standards by establishing, enforcing and adhering to organizational standards set forth in published policies, procedures and