Essential Functions to this Exciting Opportunity:
- Must be licensed to practice law in California or qualify as Registered In-House Counsel in California
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support sales, marketing, and operations, including but not limited to MSAs, SOWs, SaaS, marketing, partnership and professional services agreements, inbound and outbound contracts, data use agreements, NDAs, and agency agreements.
- Contribute to the design and continuous improvement of contract management, standard forms, business policies and procedures, legal processes and systems to help us expand into new territories, scale with the business and maximize efficiency and velocity
- Work with clients and internal teams to lead negotiation of terms to align with company policies and objectives
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external contract-related inquiries
- Create and deliver internal training on commercial and legal processes and concepts
- Proactively identify new projects and goals needed to improve the legal function and work to accomplish them
- Experience in other disciplines, such as corporate compliance, ethics, privacy, records / data governance, contracts and licensing
- Work on various other legal projects to support the Legal team
- In-depth knowledge and experience in commercial contracts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on commercial transactions with a combination of large law firm and in-house legal experience.
- Demonstrated experience to provide sound, practical legal and business advice with a business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment as we continue to grow our business internationally.
- Curiosity and eagerness to stay up to date on the legal landscape and our industry and align our goals accordingly.
- Must enjoy working cross-functionally with many different teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to relay legal concepts, policies, documents in a manner easily understood by non-lawyers.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume, Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and future booster vaccinations that become available.
Location: California (possible to work remote if licensed to practice law in CA.)
Travel: Some required
Minimum education (or substitute experience) required: JD and licensed to practice law in California or qualify as Registered In-House Counsel in California.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.