Distribution Manager is responsible for managing warehouse, transportation, fulfillment and distribution for customer needs. The operation is fast-paced where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational excellence. You will be a leader and facilitator; are driven, organized and detail oriented; communicate effectively at all levels; thrive in an ambiguous environment; are adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manage through relationships and influence: and display grace under fire.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Managing and coordinating the warehouse operations day to day as well as continuous improvement as we scale and grow
- Build plans to optimize space, processes and systems to improve fulfillment operations
- Identify and implement automation and systems that enable our process to run efficiently
Fulfillment, Inventory and Distribution
- Hire, manage and develop a team to support a strong team culture to meet goals
- Direct inventory control, transportation, logistics planning, inbound/outbound, 3PLs, and order processing
- Negotiate transportation contracts and manage third party partnerships to minimize expense and receive world-class service (i.e: 3PL, transportation, material handling)
- Analyze financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes, mixes, or carriers
- Build and maintain excellent vendors/ customers relationships, proactively resolve potential issues, and adapt to ever-changing business environment
- Identify, analyze, and resolve domestic and global transportation issues, both operational and strategic. Plan and implement improvements to logistics systems and processes
- Work with logistics providers in design of transportation solutions that drive supply chain improvements
- Facilitate shipments and logistics, scheduling between vendors, and maintain communication ensuring timely flow of goods
- Develop, implement and monitor KPI with focus on cost, efficiency, quality and service
- Analyze, compile, and publish supply chain dashboard metrics to assess performance
WHO YOU ARE
- A leader with initiative and people skills - you don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do.
- Comfortable using data to drive operational decisions and insights
- Experience working in a high growth environment, with constantly shifting priorities
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills; ability to evaluate alternatives, develop innovative solutions, display proactive approach and initiative to resolve obstacles
- Successful in managing relationships with cross-functional teams in a high-velocity environment
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations Management or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of Distribution Operations, 3PLs, Transportation modes (Domestic and Global Logistics), Fulfillment and Distribution experience in the CPG industry
- 3+ years of Inventory and Order Processing experience supporting the manufacturing industry
- 3+ years of experience working within a cross functional team
- 3+ years managing a team of distribution, logistics and supply chain associates
- Working knowledge of Excel to merge and analyze information from separate sources. Experience with VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables is a must
- Systems experience with ERP and TMS.
- Data-driven decision maker
- Analytical thinker, able to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Strong understanding of financial concepts related to project evaluation and financial forecasting.
- Be self-directed and manage multiple tasks without close supervision
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume, Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and future booster vaccinations that become available.
Sponsorship: Not available for this role
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.