The Sr. Manager, Construction & Facilities Maintenance functions at the corporate and plant level to ensure successful implementation and management of equipment, infrastructure and building for successful manufacturing operations. They will participate with company and plant leadership in development of long-term corporate objectives and business growth requirements.
- Coordinate with local officials and Zume Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) in obtaining all necessary permits for building and construction projects
- Ultimately responsible for facility safety during construction.
- Primarily responsible for selection, bidding and supervision of all contractors involved with construction and facilities projects
- Partner closely with Manufacturing and Engineering Operations management on facility planning and commissioning program budgets, timeline, and internal/external personnel coordination.
- Contribute to creative building design solutions involving production lines, machinery and infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and maintain facility maintenance programs
- Assist in conceptual development of manufacturing projects, and coordinate requirements between manufacturing, engineering and operations management.
- Prepare capital authorization requests when required with effective project explanation, justification, project timeline and ROI calculation. Prepare detailed presentation of capital request to management for approval.
- Coordinate plant staff to ensure on-time, on-budget completion of all projects and maintenance requirements
- Manage installation crew, job responsibilities, people development and issues
- Work with inside and outside resources to fabricate components required to complete projects—quoting, on time deliveries, quality of work.
- Work with operations to optimize process performance and reliability
- Drive maintenance programs in developing long-term solutions to facilities issues.
- Drive the implementation of facility additions/modifications
- Manage relationships with utilities providers - electrical, water, gas, storm water and sewer.
- Work closely with engineering and operations to facilitate the installation of manufacturing and process equipment including: plumbing, pneumatics, HVAC, silo/silo equipment, domestic water, water treatment equipment, structural reinforcements, etc.
- Facilitate the implementation of electrical equipment including: power service modifications, high voltage transformers, power station switchgears, bus and tap installations, power service panels, lighting installations, electrical service to all equipment
- Facilitate the implementation of building additions including: manufacturing, warehouse, office space, fire coverage
- Provide onsite supervision and direction for Project Engineering team projects; assist in implementation of these same projects.
- Building/equipment layouts, building expansion and space preparation as required.
- Advice on equipment specifications, identification of potential suppliers.
- Preparation of RFQ’s and release for quotation for plant related services and improvement projects.
- Management of suppliers’ schedule, internal project activities, contractor hiring as required.
- Proper and safe installation is implemented, all required safety systems are in place and working.
- Supplier checkout is completed, and all equipment functions as specified.
- Prepare periodic project reports and distribute/present to management in a timely fashion, including updates on spending and schedule.
- Other duties as needed
Who You Are:
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Civil Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Capable of effective communication and team building to enhance project coordination.
- Hands on experience with equipment and infrastructure maintenance
- Knowledge of the manufacturing environment including current compliance requirements for safety.
- Experience using best practices for installation of process equipment.
- Excellent problem solving skills in an industrial equipment environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and relate well to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide hands on support when required.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume, Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and future booster vaccinations that become available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.