Position Overview: (Exciting opportunity to join a growing company). The Gross Margin Senior Accountant owns the gross margin accounting, including revenue recognition, inventory costing, and associated balance sheet general ledger accounts for all Zume’s business lines. This highly cross functional role will partner with FP&A, Sales, and operations to help support Zume’s rapidly growing business.
We seek a technical, organized, and detail-oriented accounting professional with a positive, can-do attitude to join our team. We are looking for an experienced self-starter who will learn our systems and processes, look to make improvements, and quickly become an integral part of our team as a producer. Furthermore, an ability to prioritize, work independently, and maintain professionalism is essential in our fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Ownership of all revenue, inventory, costs of goods sold, and correlated balance sheet general ledger accounts
- Develop inventory analysis reports, analyzing variances, and assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager on revenue recognition analysis
- Partner with FP&A to assess gross margin trends for each of Zume’s business lines
- Partner with operations to ensure accuracy of Accounts Receivable
- Prepare BS and P&L flux analyses for review
- Participation in and coordination of providing support for external and internal audits
- Support the preparation of external financial statements
- Provide ad hoc support to the finance departments and operations functions as required.
- Minimum education required: BA/BS degree in accounting
- Minimum experience required: Three years of progressive accounting and reporting experience, with 2+ years in public accounting
- Other preferred experience: Big Four/National firm, SEC company audit and reporting and public company readiness initiatives, NetSuite ERP, proficient in Excel, FloQast or similar financial close software
- Experience working with Inventory and Gross Margin Accounting
- Manufacturing Industry exposure is a plus.
Location: Flexible, remote available, but Camarillo, CA preferred
Travel: less than 5%
Work Environment: Office professional
Physical Demands: Minimal, normal clerical
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume, Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and future booster vaccinations that become available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.