We are looking for a Distribution Manager professional to help build the function here at Zume. Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain you will be responsible for developing and executing plans to launch new operations which include selection and management of vendors to fulfill customer needs. This is an individual contributor role so you will need to roll up your sleeves as you organize and lead cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes, bridging business strategy with operational implementation. You will be a leader and facilitator; are driven, organized and detail oriented; excel in program/ project / product management; communicate effectively at all levels; thrive in an ambiguous environment; are adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manage through relationships and influence: and display grace under fire.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, advocate and execute on Supply Chain transformational projects
- Maintain and develop strategic sourcing relationships with vendors
- Develop cost reduction strategies in alignment with business objectives
- Create collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders
- Manage and assist business partners in the selection of vendors
- Conduct spend analysis and analyze supply markets
- Negotiate with vendors to minimize spend
- Structure SLAs for vendor agreements
- Communicate and share results and “how it was done” best practices
- Lead projects from initiation to successful/timely completion; develop and define project charters, schedules and key milestones/deliverables.
- Passionately drive process excellence, visibility and awareness across the business.
- Report and communicate status of projects to Supply Chain Senior staff/ Other appropriate leadership regularly
- Facilitate shipments and logistics scheduling between vendors, ensuring timely flow of goods
- Work closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and develop continuous improvement opportunities
- Maintain communication with 3PL partners to ensure their completion of assigned projects on time.
- Analyze, compile, and publish supply chain dashboard metrics to assess performance
- Assist in development and implementation of KPIs related to supply chain
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong strategic sourcing and procurement background
- Demonstrate effective practical sourcing and negotiation skills and techniques and apply these regularly within the purchasing cycle
- Ability to lead, energize and influence change efforts at all levels of a complex organization
- Proficient in the use of project management tools
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills; ability to evaluate alternatives, develop innovative solutions, display proactive approach and initiative to resolve obstacles
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Experience in operations, project, or product management
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management tools, templates, and techniques
- Strong business and operations acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate operations concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience
- Successful in managing relationships with cross-functional teams in a high-velocity environment
- Experience in managing relationships with vendors, partners, and customers.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering or equivalent practical experience
- PMP or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years of Strategic Sourcing experience
- 3+ years of Procurement experience supporting the manufacturing industry
- 2+ years of Supplier Relationship Management experience
- 2+ years of experience working within a cross functional team
- Be self-directed and manage multiple tasks without close supervision
As a condition of employment you are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.