The CNC Operator/ Programmer position is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Program mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, subprograms, loops, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; and proving part programs.
- Set-up mill, custom fixtures, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Operate a 5-axis CNC mill using CAD/CAM software tools such as SolidWorks and Mastercam.
- Ability to operate other equipment such as 3d printers and laser cutters.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Practice safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications and online sources..
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to work 2nd and 3rd shifts short and long term durations
- Working knowledge of Haas VF6 or similar +3 axis CNC mill
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to work with others to complete complex time sensitive projects
- Coordination with other operators and engineers
- BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with operating a CNC machine
- Working knowledge of TR310 Trunnion 5th axis
- Ability to work independently with confidence.
Location: Camarillo, CA
As a condition of employment you are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.