The Director of Manufacturing will be responsible for the design, build, and operations of Zume's molded fiber Manufacturing processes. You will own the roadmap for scale in manufacturing, which includes knowledge of the necessary equipment, technologies, people, partners, and facilities to support the growth of this business. This is a greenfield opportunity - you will be a part of the project team to research, select, negotiate and finalize site locations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Work closely with human resources to lead teams with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Play an important role in making valuable contributions to ongoing site evaluation and selection efforts related to real estate property acquisition, construction and/or improvement projects
- Participate in planning and budgeting activities as well as other cross-functional initiatives requiring manufacturing thought leadership
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS
- 8+ years of manufacturing leadership experience, multi-plant management- hands-on experience is preferred
- Manufacturing and distribution-related experience, packaging manufacturing a plus
- Startup experience ideal with the ability to live in the Nashville, TN area during the time we launch this site - (1.5 to 2 years)
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrix organization
- Strong leadership skills: able to build teams, foster growth in individuals, cultivate a positive culture and hire the right talent for critical positions
- Excellent analysis and decision-making capabilities.
- Management of P&L and budget experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations, as well as, building/plant maintenance.
- Quality control experience.
- Strategic planning experience
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive perks and benefits program
- Flexible time off program
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Zume, Inc. Our vaccine requirements include booster vaccinations, and future booster vaccinations that become available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.