What you’ll do
In this exciting role as Technical Project Manager we are looking for a candidate to lead projects, with collaborators located around the world, exploring emerging concepts in the Molded Fiber space. Projects range from the theoretical - evaluating ideas through research and benchmarking, to the practical - building capital equipment for customers. The role includes traditional project management responsibilities such as aligning objectives and stakeholders, proposing development schedules, agile sprint management, progress tracking and reporting, and documentation. However, a successful candidate will also need a passion for innovation and engineering solutions and a willingness to adopt a hands-on approach to resolve problems. The project manager leads the team through technology scouting, brainstorming and ideation, concept development, prototyping, gathering user feedback, as we explore emerging technology domains, identify and meet with potential partners, and share our insights with internal stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for the successful management of projects to develop industrial automation solutions for future Machine installations
- Stay current with molded fiber technology fundamentals and roadmaps of Zume products and technologies
- Contribute to concept development, system architecture and design reviews, and development plans
- Act as the “voice of the customer” in technical discussions
- Research emerging technologies and trends
- Pitch project ideas and collaboration opportunities to management, customers, and potential technology partners
- Oversee the development/validation of all factory systems (MRP, ERP, MES, etc.) Work with team domain experts to break down high-level visions into project requirements, milestones, deliverables, timelines, resources, and costs
- Generating clear and maintainable technical presentations (e.g. requirements specification, system architecture, interface control, etc)
- Manage project execution, organize team sprints, continuously evaluate priorities, identify risks and mitigation strategies, coordinate with project partners, and keep stakeholders aligned and informed
- Assembling, leading, and inspiring globally distributed, cross-functional teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, other related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience in manufacturing and a working knowledge of Factory software and automation
- Experience with Agile Development, waterfall, and other project management methodologies
- Exceptional planning, risk management, and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking in an often ambiguous environment
- Background / interest in industrial automation, packaging
- Desire to build relationships and bridges in globally distributed, cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated to expand your knowledge in emerging technologies, deep dive into complex problems, and “try, fail, learn, repeat” until we succeed!
- English language fluent with strong communication skills
As a condition of employment you are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.