Who We Are
Zume is a leader in sustainable products and deploying leading edge technologies and services to make and disseminate these products. We’re on a quest to be a powerful source of health and well-being on a global scale.
We are seeking a Financial Planning Analyst who will be responsible for performing financial analysis and accelerating the growth of our businesses by identifying opportunities and solutions throughout the organization. The right candidate is a strategic thinker who has a solid understanding of accounting, can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution.
In a typical work week you might develop financial models, forecasts, budgets, extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and work cross-functionally with other finance and operations teams at Zume. This role will have the rare opportunity to help define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as a company.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of monthly management reporting—analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to management
- Work cross-functionally with managers and executives to build and track departmental budgets
- Help us scale and transition into a global enterprise. Part of this will be related to maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring best practices are being followed in finance and throughout the organization
- Coordinate and streamline our monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term planning and forecasting cycles
- Create ad hoc financial models, and provide various corporate finance/capital markets analyses
- Craft materials for the Board of Directors, investors, and other external stakeholders
- Actively seek out opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
Who You Are
- Expert in building decision support models in Excel that achieve complicated goals while designing the worksheet so that average users can understand and use it
- Manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines; have the flexibility to adjust on the fly to new demands; self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Experience working with large datasets, automation, or other business intelligence applications
- Advanced knowledge in creating PowerPoint/Google Slide presentations for executives and senior management
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills and exhibit an advanced business acumen, including a demonstrated ability to think creatively and be resourceful within the context of financial modeling, analytics, and strategic presentations
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally and outside the organization and have a track record of achieving the results expected.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in FP&A. Experience in manufacturing would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related business field
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Experience in building and updating complex business models in Excel
- High growth or early-stage startup experience a plus
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
- 401k Program
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
As a condition of employment you are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.