The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator will verify materials received and route incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. In addition, you will prepare items for shipment ensuring cost-effective courier services. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the work of shipping and receiving.
- Handle daily carrier operations including coordination of shipping and deliveries; preparation of packages and shipping documentation, track shipments and resolve escalated issues
- Weigh or measure items of incoming & outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Prepare shipments for conveyance; determine the most economical and efficient shipping method; select appropriate shipping container; pack items to ensure safe delivery
- Compare quotes from various carriers to determine the best choice based on price, transit time and performance history
- Maintain and update shipping and delivery logs
- Answer internal team and customer inquiries regarding shipping and tracking questions
- Inspect all inbound shipments for accuracy and/or damage: reporting damage & discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement & record-keeping purposes
- Operate appropriate machinery which may include tier-lift truck, hand truck, forklift, etc. to move, convey, hoist shipments to and from shipping & receiving platforms
- Provide inventory management support: part numbers, balances, reports & physical inventory, cycle counts
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with warehouse management software
- The ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Minimum 2 years forklift experience preferred
- Hand dexterity to handle equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies)
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch when necessary
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Location: Camarillo, CA (onsite)
As a condition of employment you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.