The CNC Operator/ Programmer position is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans and documents DFM guidelines for available mill and lathe capabilities.
- Plans and documents fixtures in coordination with engineering for repetitive manufacturing.
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine the amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, subprograms, loops, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Maintains program source and documentation with version control systems.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by selecting, installing, and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, custom fixtures, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Operates 2.5 to 5-axis CNC mill using engineering drawings and models.
- Utilizes CAD/CAM software tools such as SolidWorks and Mastercam.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Attention to Detail
- BS or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience with operating a CNC machine
- Ability to work independently with confidence.
Location: Camarillo, CA
Sponsorship: Not available for this role
The COVID-19 vaccine is a condition of employment.
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.