We are looking for a rockstar Procurement & Sourcing professional to help build the function here at Zume, Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain for the Americas you will be responsible for developing and executing plans to launch new operations which includes selection and management of vendors to fulfill customer needs. This is an individual contributor role so you will need to roll up your sleeves as you organize and lead cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes, bridging business strategy with operational implementation. You will be a leader and facilitator; are driven, organized and detail oriented; excel in program/ project / product management; communicate effectively at all levels; thrive in an ambiguous environment; are adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manage through relationships and influence: and display grace under fire.
What You'll Do
- Develop, advocate and execute on Supply Chain transformational projects that align with the business and enterprise Strategies to maximize service and cost.
- Maintaining strategic sourcing relationships and developing strong partnerships with the vendors.
- Analyzing and calculating costs while developing cost reduction strategies in alignment with business objectives.
- Creates collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders to plan and execute procurement activities.
- Manages and assists Business partners in the selection of vendors through the RFx process.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers.
- Negotiates with vendors to minimize spend; ensures that vendor contract rates are at or below market values.
- Structures SLAs for vendor agreements in concert with business stakeholders and procurement policy.
- Act as technical expert supporting the business in order to contribute to continuous improvement of sourcing/ procurement/ vendor management services to stakeholders.
- Maintain supplier evaluations including their capabilities and risk prior to and during the relationship with Zume.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in a high velocity, change-intensive environment.
- Drive the “how” of execution, developing the necessary plans to deliver cross-functional projects, and manage operations projects to successful delivery -- on-time, on-budget, and with high quality.
- Ensure ownership and accountability for deliverables, in partnership with different functional and business teams.
- Proactively identify, report, and mitigate risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Be a changemaker. Actively improve existing systems and structures by offering best practices and innovative ideas… then implement them!
- Communicate and share results and “how it was done” best practices.
- Excel at technical skills associated with Six Sigma, Lean, and Project Management techniques for small to large sized projects and/or workstreams inside of larger projects.
- Lead projects from initiation to successful/timely completion; develop and define project charters, schedules and key milestones/deliverables.
- Assess change readiness and prepare plans for helping stakeholders through change.
- Ability to successfully influence and manage all levels of the organization. This position works with Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Quality, Marketing, Distribution and Customer Service.
- Passionately drive process excellence visibility and awareness across the businesses.
- Report and communicate status of projects to Supply Chain Senior staff/ Other appropriate leadership regularly.
Who You Are
- Strong strategic sourcing and procurement background
- Applies advanced knowledge of supplier management to maintain relationships with established suppliers.
- Demonstrates effective practical sourcing and negotiation skills and techniques and applies these regularly within the purchasing cycle.
- Project Management Experience.
- Ability to lead, energize and influence change efforts at all levels of a complex organization.
- Analytical and collaborative in your approach to everything.
- Green Belt certification.
- Proficient in the use of project management tools.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills; ability to evaluate alternatives, develop innovative solutions, display proactive approach and initiative to resolve obstacles.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with little direction and supervision, manage timelines and expectations, adjust for unplanned assignments, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience in operations, project, or product management.
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management tools, templates, and techniques.
- Strong business and operations acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate operations concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience.
- Exceptional problem solver and negotiator, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, with the confidence and credibility to effectively engage senior and executive management.
- Successful in managing cross-functional teams in a high-velocity environment.
- Experienced in managing relationships with vendors, partners, and customers.
- Energized by tackling hard problems and breaking new ground.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and thriving with new challenges.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering or equivalent practical experience
- PMP or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years of Strategic Sourcing experience
- 3+ years of Procurement experience supporting the manufacturing industry
- 2+ years of Supplier Relationship Management experience
- 2+ years of experience working within a cross functional team
- Be self-directed and manage multiple tasks without close supervision
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
Location: This position can be based anywhere in the United States but prefer someone in EST unless you are comfortable with early morning calls with our global teams based in India and China.
Zume, Inc. requires full COVID-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sponsorship: Not available for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-Remote
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.