Business Development Specialist / Consultant
Who We Are
By 2050, there could be more plastic in our oceans than fish! Zume is a Softbank backed company focused on building a smarter and more sustainable food ecosystem. Zume is spearheading the switch from plastic to 100% compostable molded fiber packaging through its patented manufacturing technology and its network of global suppliers. We have launched uniquely designed and patented products that function like plastic and are made from various biomass sources such as bagasse. Our customers span across food service / restaurants, CPG and healthcare.
Zume's international business is growing rapidly. The global headquarter is in California, USA with APAC and EMEA business being led by the India team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a US venture backed startup where you will be working with colleagues across the globe
- Drive new business development and account management to deliver on sales strategy and targets for the region
- Develop Food Service & Beverage Packaging distributor relationships across the region to sell Zume’s range of packaging products
- Identify target markets and conduct market research across various potential categories where Zume can help replace single use plastics
- Identify, target, and establish new accounts through cold-calling, networking, referrals, etc.; travel to build and manage relationships with new/existing customers whenever required/possible
- Work with cross-functional teams - operations, finance and accounting to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Build a pipeline for custom solutions with enterprise accounts to help them replace plastics
- Exceptional leadership skills to identify and influence decision makers on the value of Zume offerings
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in the Food Service Packaging space with strong existing relationships with distributors in the region
- Fluent in local language in addition to English
- Self-driven, with an entrepreneurial approach
- Excellent presentation, organization, verbal, and written communication
Experience: 7+ years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
Travel: As needed
Fluent in English and German
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.