Zume is creating and building molded fiber products to speed the transition away from plastics and foam. You will be part of an agile & virtual team that enables internal and external customers to achieve best efficiencies in their factories.
You will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment to deploy highly scalable, reliable, available and secure applications for Zume and its partners, working with the software development team and other partners reporting to the Director of Engineering.
You have a proven background in existing cloud based technologies, hands-on engineer and you keep abreast of latest technologies. You are a keen learner and most of all take pride in your work. You enjoy the challenges of the dynamic environment of a start-up and can don’t shy away from vague & changing requirements.
- Work with various stakeholders to identify and document current gaps and future needs within cloud hosting platform and CI/CD pipeline
- Architect, design, develop and maintain cloud hosting platform and CI/CD pipelines for Zume and our global customers
- Build systems for rapid provisioning, deployment and validation of cloud applications for global customers
- Manage the costs for Cloud Infrastructure
- Mentor junior engineers
- Excessively document the architecture and design of systems and functionalities
- Support issues and live troubleshooting for Zume customers
- 7+ years experience on Azure, 7+ years experience on Google Cloud
- 10 + years experience of building large scale software infrastructure architecture
- Strong programming and scripting knowledge, e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Strong understanding of various CI/CD frameworks and working knowledge of building a pipeline from end-2-end
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent understanding data and cloud security and managing secrets, certificates and other sensitive information with emphasis on
- IAM policies, ingress setup (e.g. NGINX, Kong, etc), etc
- Working knowledge of setting up of PostgreSQL or similar is preferred
- Working knowledge of automation of provisioning and deployment of applications and building dashboards and alerts to minimize
- downtime with applications like Datadog or similar
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Google Cloud Certification for Cloud Infrastructure, Kubernetes, Hybrid & Multicloud, Networking & Security
- Microsoft Azure Certification for DevOps Engineer Expert
Location: US Based
Travel: (10%). Travel domestically and internationally between factories.
The COVID-19 Vaccine is a condition of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.