The HR Plant Generalist (Manager) will work in collaboration with the People Team and local business leaders to support our Camarillo Center of Innovation. This position will support: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Have a finger on the pulse of both the current and future state of affairs of the business.
- Proactively resolve potential people-related issues before they surface. Manage employee relations matters.
- Partner with other People Team members in managing, implementing, and/or administering people-related programs, systems, policies, and communications
- Work closely with other business and People Team members to lead talent reviews, performance, promotion & compensation discussions to drive a high-performance culture
- Support recruitment efforts; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career-pathing program; and write and place advertisements when needed
- Participate in team meetings, business unit meetings and other meetings and seminars
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Help maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records and compile reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or 6+ years of equivalent experience.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Experience supporting a non-exempt workforce in the state of California required.
- Master of foundational HR elements (employee relations, benefits, onboarding, performance management, training, HRIS management)
- Comfort navigating various small, mid-size, and enterprise-level platforms (HRIS, ATS, Performance, Compensation, Recruitment, Learning Systems & Tools, etc).
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization issues.
- Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently.
- Experience with employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, leaves of absence and offboarding).
- Comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment.
- Thrive in a diverse workforce and are passionate about supporting one.
- Location: Camarillo, CA
- Travel: less than 10% (Ability to travel for training and/or occasional business meetings).
- Minimum education (or substitute experience) required:
- Position Type/Expected Hours: This position supports a facility with multiple shifts, availability outside of standard business hours is required.
- Physical Demands: Ability to regularly move about the facility, sit, stand for extended periods of time, ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 lbs. This position requires visits to the production floor where PPE and safety equipment is required.
The COVID-19 vaccine is a condition of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.