WHO WE ARE
By 2050, there could be more plastic in our oceans than fish! Zume is a company focused on building a smarter and more sustainable food ecosystem. Zume is spearheading the switch from plastic to 100% compostable molded fiber packaging through its patented manufacturing technology and its network of global suppliers. We have launched uniquely designed and patented products that function like plastic and are made from various biomass sources such as bagasse, wheat straw and wood fibers. Our customers span across food service/restaurants, CPG and healthcare.
Zume's international business is growing rapidly. The global headquarter is in California, USA with International Sales and Operations run out of Mumbai India. This is a unique opportunity to work with a US based startup where you will be working with colleagues across the globe.
Exciting opportunity to work cross functionally with senior management to help implement the necessary infrastructure to ensure a safe and productive environment. The position requires strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills. The maintenance manager will interface professionally with various internal groups, customers, and other external personnel to effectively perform their duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create a culture of employee empowerment and engagement.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by closing existent safety gaps. Manages and leads the maintenance team to follow all safety initiatives to achieve zero safety incidents.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Develop, implement, and improve preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Provide support to operations to increase machine uptime and productivity throughout the facility.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Use data to track and identify deficiencies that create downtime or reduce reliability.
- Perform and Direct Root Cause Analysis for equipment/systems failures.
- Manage the maintenance budget by tracking expenditures, labor costs, and capital projects to ensure compliance with facility and department budgets.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure project goals are met. Manage contractor relationships to ensure safe, timely and cost-effective repairs are completed.
- Direct and Provide oversight to plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute facility maintenance and outage activities to maximize machine availability/capacity.
- Provide oversight to ensure schedules are developed/executed for capital improvement projects.
- Provides technical support for maintenance functions.
- Drives Safety, Environmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- 7+ years of maintenance leadership experience, preferably in a pulp and paper or Manufacturing environment.
- 10+ years of supervisory experience. Skilled at coaching and developing individual employees and teams to perform at their best.
- Demonstrated success in safety, reliability, process improvement, preventive/predictive maintenance, planning/scheduling, storeroom operation, outage planning, and capital project management.
- Familiarity with electrical systems, tools, equipment, codes and safety procedures. Familiar with high voltage power distribution.
- Familiarity with mechanical systems including hydraulics, pneumatics, precision alignment, predictive techniques pumps, and rigging.
- Experience with equipment service and repair practices for pulp and paper equipment and stock prep systems.
- Familiarity with computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, DCS process systems, CMMS systems and work order management, and CAD.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through mentoring others with effective coaching/accountability, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Great benefits package
- Growing company with career growth opportunities
Please note that the COVID-19 Vaccine is a condition of employment.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.