Zume is looking for an IT Project Manager for the IT and Security team! The perfect candidate is an ambitious, results-driven Technical Program Manager with a passion for creating a great user experience to join us in our mission to empower Zume IT and Security clients to do more. You should have experience leading teams of engineers, architects, and quality assurance across the organization to deliver solutions in a timely fashion. An attention to detail, being self-motivated and an ability to create results in a highly flexible environment are a must.
- Serve as the Technical Program Manager for all aspects of IT and Security solutions, including investigation, design, execution, testing, maintenance, documentation and delivery.
- Identify requirements and work with IT and security technical team members to design, scope, and communicate the needed work. Take ownership of the product experience.
- Understand and document the relationship between current capabilities and the proposed solution and align end users needs with technology roadmap
- Coordinate and manage schedules. Run stand-ups and monitor the velocity of the team.
- Collaborate across disciplines to refine and iterate on product features.
- Optimize team processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- Overcome obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identify and resolve teamwork issues.
- Engage and maintain consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the organization.
- Clearly and effectively report on relevant aspects of the project to leadership at any level of the organization.
- Communicate identified risks in advance and drive mitigation plans.
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping/supporting IT Infrastructure and software as a Service as either an engineer or a Program Manager
- Demonstrated ability to understand what resonates with end users and engineers and to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules)
- Self-directed and one to take initiative in order to drive progress
- Technical acumen and expertise - An understanding of designing, building, delivering, and maintaining IT and security services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment
- Understand all aspects of production methodologies, project management, and have strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences
- Applicable certifications in program and project management, technology disciplines, or security disciplines
- Demonstrated experience managing and successfully delivering IT projects with Microsoft Azure Products
- Demonstrated experience managing and successfully delivering IT projects with significant manufacturing components
Travel: Less than 10% (Ability to travel to Zume facilities and be available for in-person meetings from time to time).
Sponsorship: Not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-Remote
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.