Zume is seeking a strong Azure Systems Administrator for a full time role. The Senior Azure Systems Administrator interfaces regularly with other internal and external team members, Network Administrators and Technical leadership, and is responsible for the monitoring and support of internal, manufacturing, and client facing systems in Azure, cloud-based technologies. Ideally this will include an architecture level understanding of AAD implementation and integrations with other systems. He/she will use the skills required of an Administrator role for Azure Active Directory, Intune, Dynamics 365, and future Microsoft and in-house developed applications that leverage the Azure infrastructure. The candidate must have the working knowledge and skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission Azure related services. Additional duties consist of standard Enterprise Network Account Management and Identity, Access, and Management tasks. This role is for someone that loves to be hands on in Microsoft and infrastructure technologies, enjoys working in cloud environments and wants to be part of an innovative and exciting team.
The candidate must work well within a team of engineers, system administrators, and application owners. They should have good speaking and writing skills and be able to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly. The candidate should also be self-motivated, should be able to solve challenges without significant assistance, and should proactively seek to help the rest of the team to reach their goals.
- Own and enhance of Zume’s Azure cloud environments
- Monitor and improve the security of current and future Azure environments
- Evaluate and automate the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments
- Ensure the full suite of Line of Business (LOB) applications are Authenticated via AAD
- Ensuring the respective roles for all LOB apps are supported and evidenced in AAD
- Troubleshoot and resolve Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Implement new environments in the Azure cloud
- Work with engineering and other cross-functional teams to integrate Azure infrastructure components into processes and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion as required
- Strong, demonstrated experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong, demonstrated experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft InTune MDM and MAM solutions
- Experience with Azure AD, including managing/maintaining GPOs
- Strong, demonstrated experience with IDAM principles and solutions
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Windows Server creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, Azure AD, SAML 2.0, and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or 7 or more years of equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of experience in supporting applications and functions in the Azure Cloud
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing.
- Knowledge of network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls a plus
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Excellent PowerShell skills
- Certification(s) related to the cloud environment preferred, such as CCNA Cloud, Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator,Microsoft Azure Administrator, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment, & Microsoft Azure Integration and Security
Travel: Less than 10% (Ability to travel to Zume facilities and be available for in-person meetings from time to time).
Sponsorship: Not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-Remote
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.