Zume’s Accounting Manager will support the Assistant Controller by owning the day-to-day global accounting function to support us in our growth stage. You will partner with finance and accounting team members on the planning and implementation of accounting policies and related processes and supporting systems.
We seek a technical, organized, and detail-oriented accounting professional with a positive, can-do attitude to join our team. We are looking for an experienced self-starter who will learn our systems and processes, look to make improvements, and quickly become an integral part of our team as a producer and a leader. Furthermore, an ability to prioritize, work independently, and maintain professionalism is essential in our fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Manage month and quarter end close process and activities, including the preparation or review of journal entries.
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Manage a teamAcc of at least two accountants.
- Oversight of maintenance of the financial accounting system and chart of accounts .
- Partner with operations to ensure accuracy of month end accruals.
- Prepare flux analyses for review.
- Review inter-company reconciliations.
- Liaison with external tax advisors re VAT, Sales Tax returns and other Corporate Tax returns.
- Review schedules for quarterly reviews, and year-end audit support for independent external auditors.
- Assist in preparation of supporting schedules for forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Partner with technical accounting in the preparation of memos and transaction summaries to support technical analysis.
- Recommend process, automation, and control improvements with a goal of further streamlining accounting and reporting processes and SOX 404 readiness.
- Other ad hoc projects.
- Minimum education required: BA/BS degree in accounting, active licensed CPA.
- Minimum experience required: Five years of progressive accounting and reporting experience, with three plus years public accounting.
- Other preferred experience: Big Four/National firm, SEC company audit and reporting and public company readiness initiatives, NetSuite ERP, FloQast or similar financial close software.
- Location: Flexible, remote available
- Travel: less than 5%
- Physical Demands: Minimal, normal clerical
- Sponsorship: None
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-Remote
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.