Regional Sales Specialist (South)
(Bangalore or Chennai)
Summary: Looking for someone with (4-7 years of experience) already based out of Bangalore or Chennai to help drive sales in the south. Has worked on selling products/services/technology to restaurants, and food chains. This role will report to the regional customer success manager and is responsible for selling our unique compostable catalogue packaging products to restaurants.
Who We Are
By 2050, there could be more plastic in our oceans than fish! Zume is a Softbank backed company focused on building a smarter and more sustainable food ecosystem. Zume is spearheading the switch from plastic to 100% compostable molded fiber packaging through its patented manufacturing technology and its network of global suppliers.
We have launched uniquely designed and patented products that function like plastic and are made from various biomass sources such as bagasse. Our customers span across food service / restaurants, FMCG and healthcare.
Zume's international business is growing rapidly and is based out of Mumbai. The global headquarter is in California, USA. This is a unique opportunity to work with a US venture backed startup in India where you will be working with colleagues who have worked both in the US and in India.
What you’ll do
- Work with the regional customer success manager to generate and prioritize pipeline of customers across major metropolitan areas in the south.
- Cold call, email, visit restaurants and take clients through the sales process of setting up meetings, sampling, testing, negotiating and closing deals
- Work with the regional distributors to help execute orders
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Work closely with Supply team to execute on orders and sampling
- Regular follow up with the clients for outstanding payments
- Maintain all client activities in our salesforce database.
Who you are
- Graduate in any stream with experience of 4-7 years
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Excel spreadsheets using vlookup and pivot tables
- Demonstrated ability to assist senior management and sales representatives with any additional work as needed
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new sales with customers, including add-on services
- Problem-solving, customer service, and multitasking while being committed to excellence
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Strong in communication skills along with active listening.