Has to be from Automation and Engineering industry.
80% mechanical & 20% electrical skill mix
What you’ll do
- Study BOQs, BOMs and inspect equipment to assess readiness of components for the project
- Prepare shortage lists and assist in procurement of remaining supplies needed for the project
- Prepare and share prerequisites for initiation of installation and commissioning with contract partners
- Supervise and assist assembly, placement & installation of equipment as per project plans
- Supervise and assist in successful dry runs of production line
- Supervise and assist in successful commissioning and demonstration of agreed equipment parameters
- Recording and communicating project progress in daily reports, request for interventions / escalation in a timely and systematic manner, raise timely alarms for show stoppers
- Troubleshooting: Understanding, analysing, resolving and recording equipment issues reported by contract partners in a timely manner to minimise downtime and maximise OEE
- Maintenance: Supervise a periodic maintenance program and health check of equipment at sites
Who you are
- Highly energetic individual who loves working hands-on with newer technologies
- Experience of site safety practices for handling of heavy equipment
- Working knowledge of interdisciplinary engineering concepts
- Strength in handling component assemblies and equipment trials
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions for complex problems with diverse & conflicting concerns
- Adapts quickly to dynamic site conditions and can update plans to meet project timelines
- Ability to adapt quickly to new information and situations with focus on achieving targets
- Basic experience with electricals and controls for basic operations and maintenance
- Has understanding of the importance of discipline, planning and documentation at site
- Get it done attitude and willing to roll up their sleeves to do what needs doing
- Enjoys traveling and can plan travel at short notices
- Diploma / Bachelor degree in Mechatronics / Mechanical / Manufacturing / Process engineering (or equivalent).
- Strong communication skills in English and Hindi (regional languages a plus)
- Ability to travel for an extensive amount of time to factory/OEM/Vendor locations across the country.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in installation, commissioning and after-sales service
- Experience in project documentation and reporting - creating daily site reports of work done & issues faced, root cause analysis, resolution plans and systematic escalation where needed
- Experience in operating AutoCAD, eDrawings and reading and understanding Part Drawings, P&IDs, BOQs, Datasheets
- Experience in electrical wiring and operating HMIs, PLCs including software updating and program transfer is a plus
Who We Are
By 2050, there could be more plastic in our oceans than fish! Zume is a Softbank backed company focused on building a smarter and more sustainable food ecosystem. Zume is spearheading the switch from plastic to 100% compostable molded fiber packaging through its patented manufacturing technology and its network of global suppliers. We have launched uniquely designed and patented products that function like plastic and are made from various biomass sources such as bagasse. Our customers span across food service / restaurants, FMCG and healthcare.
Zume's international business is growing rapidly and is based out of Mumbai. The global headquarter is in California, USA. This is a unique opportunity to work with a US venture backed startup in India where you will be working with colleagues who have worked both in the US and in India.
The Service Engineer at Zume will be responsible for after-sales services including Installation, Commissioning and maintenance services for the contract manufacturing factories for packaging products. He/she will work in coordination with the Zume Technical Team, Contract Manufacturing Partner (2P) and Third party suppliers to- 1. install and commission and trials of equipment in a time bound manner
- attend to site technical complaints and troubleshoot them
- support a periodic maintenance program at contract units