Who We Are:
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
Zume is leveraging its molded fiber technology to create high-speed high-volume manufacturing solutions to the manufacture of Medical Devices.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Quality Assurance Manager position is responsible for directing all quality operations in the Camarillo facility related to inspection and acceptance, internal audits, adherence to regulatory standards, problem solving and investigation into root cause and corrective actions. You will manage all employees in the department and are responsible for their professional development, performance management and the hiring of the employees within the department.
- Develop and implement the Quality Management System, QMS, at the Camarillo facility following corporate guidelines.
- Develop procedures and conduct Internal Audits of the existing systems to meet Corporate, Regulatory and Customer customer requirements. Prepare the facility for external audits.
- Provide quality inspection and testing of high-volume molding operations and automated assembly of multi-component finished parts.
- Facilitate compliance to regulations related to Medical Device manufacture, specifically the Quality System Regulation 21CFR 820.
- Ensure facility compliance to current Good Manufacturing Practices, cGMP, for Food Packaging and Medical Device Manufacturing, including training the team and conducting audits.
- Assure regulatory compliance to Food Safety requirements and HACCP for the manufacture of food packaging
- Provide leadership in achieving facility Quality Objectives, adhere to budget, and interface with internal and external customers to provide technical assistance. Conduct Management Reviews of the quality system.
- Train and educate staff on regulations and best practices.
- Address nonconformities from internal and external audits. Manage the Corrective Action Request, CAR, system.
- Participate in Design Team projects, assuring the adequacy of Design Controls and that design outputs satisfy customer requirements.
- Oversee an established equipment calibration program.
- Serve as Management Representative for regulatory inspections
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or related technical field, or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in quality assurance, combined with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in Quality Management and customer satisfaction in a technology-driven environment.
- Ability to analyze data, drive projects and objects and think strategically.
- Proven experience implementing and managing quality systems in a GMP environment.
- ASQ certification preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient with Google Appsproducts, including Sheets and Docs comfortable with electronic Quality data management systems.
- Ability to write well and create sound written procedures
- Experience with multi-component assembly operations
- Possess a working knowledge of Statistics and have an ability to manage data
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles and Tools.
- Work collaboratively with the operations team to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provide novel solutions to complex challenges.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
Location: Travel domestically and internationally between Zume facilities, customers and suppliers.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to move about the facility, (sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling).
Sponsorship: Not available for this position
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.