This role is responsible for properly maintaining and improving our (Manufacturing/ R&D and Innovation center) facility including all equipment and most systems. It will directly support plant goals for safety, yield, uptime and right first production. A large multi-layered team will report to this manager. The position requires strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills. This leader will interface with various internal groups, customers, and other external personnel to effectively perform their duties.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment. Drive an “all injuries are preventable” culture throughout the team.
- Create a culture of employee empowerment, engagement and adherence to the Zume values.
- Build and maintain a culture of accountability, learning, right first execution and continuous improvement.
- Effectively lead a diversely skilled group of employees in a 24/7 manufacturing plant.
- Effective pass down of company/department goals and priorities to their team.
- Provide clear performance expectations/coaching to staff.
- Strong/confident communication up and down. Ability to adjust level of detail of communication as appropriate.
- Lead majority of individual and team work output to on-time closure with little or no direction.
- Create documentation and enforce application with a focus on repeatable, error free execution.
- Ability to systematically apply/coach team members on lean manufacturing. tools/principles (Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Visual Management, Standard Work etc).
- Partner with Operations and use data to track, identify and improve yield, uptime, reliability, and right first time performance.
- Partner with other Engineering departments to effectively test and improve upon new equipment/designs.
- Build and maintain an effective Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Systematically track actions/projects to on-time closure and effectively report out status up and down the organization.
- Manage contractor relationships to ensure safe, timely and cost-effective repairs are completed.
- Manage and provide oversight to plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute maintenance and outage activities.
- Ensure capital improvement projects are safely and properly executed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience: 7+ years of maintenance/engineering leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing plant environment, molded fiber experience a plus. 10+ years of supervisory experience.
Education: B.S. undergraduate degree. Advanced degree preferred.
Location: Camarillo, CA
Travel: 0-10%. This percentage may change as the business grows.
Sponsorship: Not available for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-Remote
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.