Who We Are:
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
Zume is leveraging its molded fiber technology to create high-speed high-volume manufacturing solutions to the manufacture of Medical Devices.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Director of Sourcing/Procurement will lead all sourcing and purchasing activities, collaboratively working with Engineering, Production/Manufacturing Operations, Quality and Sales/Customer Care to develop and maintain a comprehensive, robust, and efficient strategy for product supply throughout the global product lifecycle. Further, this position will participate in the development of the consolidated operations strategy, annual purchasing plans, and cost reduction plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the corporate sourcing strategy function by developing and updating strategic plans, interacting with suppliers and partners, and managing supply chain risks for each product.
- Provide guidance and development to a professional, responsive team of both direct and indirect reports to continually identify process improvements within the supply chain.
- Collaborate with colleagues from Sales, Product Development, Engineering, Quality and Production/Manufacturing Operations to ensure that all aspects of product supply and inventory management are well developed, implemented, and maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead the process of identifying, evaluating, qualifying, selecting and developing suppliers globally to support raw materials, equipment and tooling and production supplies for new / existing products.
- Lead and/or assist in Master Supplier Agreement (MSA) negotiations with suppliers (pricing; manufacturing lead-times; delivery terms, tooling costs and ownership; payment terms, warranty rebates, etc.), and related on-going supplier negotiations.
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances with key suppliers by driving and supporting efforts to increase supplier integration, improve quality and delivery performance, shorten lead times, and reduce delivered costs.
- Ensure supply base can support company strategy over the short and long term through strategic sourcing, outsourcing, process improvement and system utilization. Minimize risk by ensuring that sufficient capacity and redundancy exist at each stage of supply for critical items. Develop contingency plans for addressing critical shortages quickly and cost-effectively.
- Define/refine, develop, and implement tools, reports, and systems to measure and manage the Supplier Management process implementing a Supplier Scorecard program, and conducting scheduled supplier performance reviews.
- Proactively monitor marketplace conditions, conduct research and manage data related to product costing and commodity indexes, assess supplier capacity issues and/or supplier inventory positions, and other issues that would have a major impact on the business.
- Acts as a hands-on leader, overseeing the daily operations of the Purchasing Department.
- Provide recommendations on future procurement strategy. Create and revise an annual procurement plan that incorporates all strategic purchasing activities planning for the year.
- Review purchasing processes and procedures and implement changes that improve efficiency. Drive effective utilization of the ERP system and all other IT resources.
Who You Are
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain or related discipline and 8+ years managerial experience in a progressively responsible strategic procurement/sourcing, production or planning role, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Global procurement leadership responsibilities with in-depth experience working with OEM suppliers and manufacturers, creating sourcing strategies, prioritizing and aligning sourcing opportunities with overall business goals, supplier selection and management, contract negotiations, contract structuring, development and implementation of supplier performance service level agreements/performance metrics, contract benefits capture, spend category management, market & cost analysis, and procure-to-pay processes.
- Strong understanding of Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Capacity Planning (CP), Bills of Materials (BOM), and Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) concepts is critical.
- Ability to be a strategic and tactical leader who is comfortable establishing, communicating, and “hands on” implementing the vision and deliverables.
- Strong business and commercial acumen combined with outstanding negotiation/influencing expertise, strong analytical ability to identify and exploit key opportunities, and highly developed communication skills.
- Proven leadership and project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams, influence others and manage change. Skilled at developing relationships with senior management of key Business Partners.
- Demonstrated track record in managing complex business issues, with the ability to coordinate and communicate with global, cross-functional departments.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to travel 30% locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Various means of travel will be required, including travel by air.
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s)
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.