Manager – Finance & Accounts India
Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
We're innovating in the fields of AI/ML, predictive analytics, IoT, Robotics, power technology, logistics, and more.
Zume’s solutions include Zume Forward, which helps food companies predict demand and deploy food and goods where people want them; Zume Source, which provides economically superior and more sustainable alternatives for how food is grown, transported, prepared and packaged
Zume Source brings data to the supply chain, creating smarter and more sustainable methods for how food is grown, produced and delivered, including 100% compostable fiber-molded packaging that, at scale, is more affordable than paper or plastic.
This position is based out of Mumbai and is responsible for supporting the accounting and finance function of Zume India. It requires in-depth knowledge, understanding of accounting & tax laws, keeping pace with regular amendments in Income Tax Act and ensure all the compliances are timely met.
We are looking for a Manager – Finance & Accounts to help us advance our vision in India. By providing operational support and strategic guidance for our India team, you will be the subject matter expert for finance and accounts and actively engage with the global executive team and business partners to create robust financial solutions with business insight.
What You'll Do
As a Manager – Finance & Accounts for Zume India you will be owning the following responsibilities:
Strategic Financial Planning
- Evaluating business plans and strategies for maximizing profitability, revenue generation & realize organizational goals, Risk analysis for business, management discussion and analysis, financial presentations.
Managing finance functions like determining financial objectives, designing and implementing systems, policies and procedures to facilitate internal financial controls.
- Preparation of MIS reports on financial performance viz., preparation of Monthly Profitability Statements – Income / Expenses, product-wise sales analysis, revenue expenses – comparative analysis, debtor/creditor ageing analysis, formulating operating budgets and conducting variance analysis & cash flow analysis.
- Preparing financial reports to determine the financial viability, projecting cash flow and growth opportunities while preparing projected financial statements.
- Update and make reports required by the US Team
Taxation / Statutory Compliance
- Tax planning, Interfacing with taxation authorities for timely filing of TDS, GST and income tax assessments and filing of various forms, returns etc. required under various statutes.
- Ensuring adherence to Companies Act and preparation of annual returns & forms.
- Ensuring regulatory compliances, payments of license fee, revenue share, GST, withholding taxes etc.
- Handling finalization of annual statement of accounts
- Prepare and document all the legal contracts with distributors and B2B partners
- Manage and coordinate annual Audits and ensure 100% audit complied
- Ensure sales and purchase entries are updated in Systems
- Check & confirm all the Invoices and PO are in line with compliance before adding in systems
- Carry out and Coordinate with of Banks & other associates for all the necessary requirement related to imports/export and other Transactions
- Monthly reconciliation of Debtors & Creditors, Inventory Audit, Vendor Invoices, etc.
Who You Are
- 8-10 years of experience at multiple levels, with at least 3 years at a Managerial level
- Qualified CA & CS is must
- Well versed with Tally software
- Experience from Manufacturing/Trading, Warehousing/Logistics, Retail, FMCG is preferred but not limited
- Attention to detail, accuracy, resourcefulness, analytical nature, and follow-through skills and a bias for action
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong influencing skills
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and be self-directed
- Very strong Excel skills, particularly with regard to financial modelling and managing large volumes of data