Who We Are
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Facilities Commissioning Manager would be responsible for developing an overall commissioning plan and program for facilities and oversee the commissioning at these facilities. They will be responsible for the assistance in hiring and managing direct reports who support this role.
What you will be doing:
- Work with construction, engineering, and operations to develop safety aspects of commissioning for the site working on.(Lockout process during commissioning, ensuring arc flash labels are installed on all electrical gear prior to starting up, breaker settings are set up prior to energizing electrical gear and training documents provided to operations prior to start up)
- Coordinate with facilities to select safe NFPA 70e compliant switchgear, transformers, panelboards, and arc flash studies prior to energizing any gear.
- Develop defined commissioning plan for capital projects within facilities with real-time tracking system during the commissioning stage.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating all suppliers, vendors, contractors, and facilities commissioning roles and responsibilities and ensure alignment with facilities master schedule of completion dates.
- Responsible for setting up training for facilities from suppliers and vendor-supplied equipment/systems prior to start up.
- Responsible for ensuring that all vendor-supplied systems have been FAT (Factory Acceptance Tested) and meet all US codes and standards prior to shipping to the facility for installation.
- This position requires 80% travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equal field experience electrical power distribution, process controls, automation and commissioning fields within the pulping or molder fiber industry.
- At least 10 years of work experience in Industrial manufacturing build, startup and managing commissioning teams, vendors and suppliers of equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of National Electrical Code, NFPA 70e requirements in the workplace, commissioning planning and development and operations control systems.
- Proven experience implementing and managing power controls for electrical and commissioning in a GMP environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
What we Offer at Zume
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s)
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.