Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume’s award winning Packaging design portfolio is the biggest innovation in delivery packaging since the mini pizza table. This division is looking for a strong expert to lead raw materials procurement and strategic sourcing function responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of managing agricultural and other raw materials business needs. The Raw Material Procurement Manager is a key member of the Procurement team and will play an essential role in continuously improving strategic sourcing, domestic and global raw material contracting, cost optimization, achieving 5 star customer service, and expertly serving the many and diverse needs of the respective businesses of Zume, reporting to the Director of Procurement.
What You'll Do
- Work with grower and broker partners to source agricultural fiber based raw materials to support manufacturing forecast for multiple plant locations
- Negotiate and place contracts on seasonal raw materials as well as other raw materials from variety of suppliers
- Support R&D team by identifying, assessing, negotiating, and approving new vendors for ingredients
- Propose new materials and sourcing strategies / geographies
- Ensure availability of all product inputs and parts to support production
- Control product cost and aggressively seek cost reductions and process innovations
- Coordinate with production to address and resolve any issues that arise concerning product availability, coordinate product flow with planning and logistics
- Improve raw material and packaging yield through loss tracking and tighter inventories
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective, efficient processes to support all internal and external manufacturing and logistics activities
- Capture and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each function
- Utilize KPI data for leveraging actionable process improvements
Who You Are
- Deep understanding of agricultural, paper and other related Raw Material Procurement & Strategic Sourcing and manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience, Procurement related financial & quantitative analysis
- Ability to work in a multifunctional environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to integrate data from different sources and make reasonable conclusions in an environment of demanding deadlines and time frames
- Understanding of the structure and functionality in the integrated systems architecture. Knowledge and skill on databases and planning systems is required
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, category spend and contract management
- Strong project management skills, Strategic and operational procurement
- Cross group collaboration experience: easily connecting and building bridges with counterparts within different parts of the organization
- Ability to travel, approximately 15 - 20%
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and and highly subsidized coverage for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Unites (RSU's)
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.