WHO WE ARE
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple. What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain. By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you!
The shipping and receiving coordinator will perform a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost-effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving related work. This person will be counted upon to have ownership of the shipping and receiving department.
What you will be doing:
- Handle daily carrier operations including coordination of shipping and deliveries; preparation of packages and shipping documentation, track shipments and resolve escalated issues
- Weighs or measures items of incoming & outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Manage relationships with key vendors
- Prepares shipments for conveyance; determines the most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Compare quotes from various carriers to determine the best choice based on price, transit time and performance history.
- Maintain and update shipping and delivery logs
- Answer internal team and customer inquiries regarding shipping and tracking questions
- Inspect all inbound shipments for accuracy and/or damage. Reporting damages & discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement & record-keeping purposes
- Operates appropriate machinery which may include tier-lift truck, hand truck, forklift, etc. to move, convey, hoist shipments to & from shipping & receiving platforms
- Provide inventory management support: part numbers, balances, reports & physical inventory, cycle counts
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, and environmental control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 - 4 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a warehouse position.
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain.
- Excellent organization and efficient time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills as it pertains to cycle counts and inventory.
- The ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Hand dexterity to handle equipment, (forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies).
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch when necessary
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
What Zume has to Offer:
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.