WHO WE ARE
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The quality assurance manager position is responsible for all quality assurance related to internal audits in adherence to regulatory standards. You will manage all employees in the department and are responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify, develop and implement new methods of quality management and systems, and audit existing systems to meet division initiatives, ISO 9000, and other customer requirements.
- Provide quality oriented leadership in achieving facility quality objectives. Interfaces with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive responses and technical assistance regarding quality systems and/or products.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Guarantee that only the highest quality products are delivered to our customers.
- Train and educate staff on regulations and best practices.
- Perform internal audits
- Addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Conducting a management review of the quality system.
- Manage internal and external quality issues.
- Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
- Ensuring that organizational systems and training is in place.
- Preparing the organization for ISO 9001 audit.
- Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for the organization.
- Administering document control and configuration management system.
- Overseeing an established calibration and testing program.
- Assisting the management team and provide QA support as necessary.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in house quality procedures
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related technical field, or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in quality assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments as a quality assurance manager, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies.
- At least 5 years experience providing GMP regulatory compliance in Manufacturing or Quality Assurance.
- Proven experience implementing and managing quality systems in a GMP environment.
- ASQ certification preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.