WHO WE ARE
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
The person in this role will be responsible for Procurement and Inventory Management at the site level; maintaining and ensuring adequate and appropriate supply levels for all raw materials, packaging and supplies to meet the demand requirements of the site operations. This includes the execution of procurement strategies to ensure cost-effective and timely delivery of materials that meet technical and quality requirements, that ensure we have what we need, when we need it and at the best price.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define and implement purchasing and sourcing strategies while implementing best practices.
- Develop inventory plans to meet material, packaging, and supply needs according to specifications, including problem solving of supply and inventory plan variances.
- Partner with Quality, Planning and R&D teams to understand the needs and requirements related to the sourcing/procurement of materials and goods
- Collaborate with suppliers and Plant Operations to establish inventory safety stock levels, reorder amounts, and lead times for all raw materials.
- Establish, build, and maintain professional relationships with suppliers, manage supplier meetings.
- Establish key metrics to monitor supplier’s performance related to quality and service.
- Analyze and recommend solutions for all issues relating to supplier’s performance based on quality, delivery or price.
- Monitor market conditions to avoid sharp market increases and availability issues and communicate risks/opportunities to team members and management.
- Manage and resolve any discrepancies with suppliers regarding invoices, claims, and product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Provide relevant forecasts to key suppliers at required time points to ensure product availability.
- Provide finance with raw material and purchased finished goods costs to assist in maintaining product costing.
- Drive the implementation and utilization of the ERP/MRP, Forecasting, and Planning tools.
- Oversee the development or improvement of SOPs and work instructions for procurement and sourcing functions as well as supplier monitoring practices.
- Develop and manage vendor agreements, contracts, confidentiality disclosure agreements, and scope of work agreements.
- BS or BA in Business Administration or Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of procurement and sourcing experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the food or nutrient processing/manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing requirements, organic and non-gmo standard and quality testing specifications
- Experience in Supply Chain sourcing for natural food, dietary supplements or HABA, preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Google Suite and ERP systems.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Proven track record of controlling/reducing spend as % of gross sales while developing a robust supplier base.
- A proven track record of continuous performance including attending conferences/workshops to advance skills as well as knowledge and relationships within the procurement profession.
- Desired qualifications:
- Strong understanding of food packaging sourcing.
- Professional certifications in Supply Chain and Procurement (CPIM, CSCP, etc).
- Startup experience is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Options (RSU's)
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.