One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple. What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food? Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain. By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home. We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Production Manager position is responsible for all daily operations of the facility. This role will manage all production employees and the processes that are utilized to effectively run the operations. Management of the weekly maintenance plans, production run schedules, team staffing, and warehouse logistics are responsibilities of the Production Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Follow and enforce all established policies, procedures, and recognized practices
- Oversee production schedule; assign and oversee all projects
- Estimate costs and follow budgets accordingly
- Resolve any issues; handle maintenance work when necessary
- Meet and exceed all customer service requirements
- Assist in taking physical inventories following corporate procedures
- Coordinate with the maintenance manager on the preventative and emergency maintenance required for operational equipment
- Excellent communication, numeracy and computer literacy skills
- Good people management skills and management of staff
- Identifying problems and implement preventative strategies to minimize risk
- Being able to develop good working relationships and trust with various teams
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail-oriented
- Working well with many different departments and external suppliers
- Always keeping the end-user/customer in mind
- Being results and deadline-driven
What we Offer:
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s)
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.