WHO WE ARE
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
As a Plant Supervisor, you will oversee the completion of plant projects by planning for and coordinating appropriate staffing level. Apart from possessing operational and maintenance knowledge, the Plant Supervisor must understand how to coordinate the daily operation of production to achieve maximum quality and cost-effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. Actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, associate relations, and associate development.
What you will be doing:
- Builds a team, develops and trains a team. Interviews and recommends applicants for hire
- Maintains record of all raw materials coming to plant and maintain efficient safety regulations for same and organize all tools to increase efficiency of all activities.
- Maintains equipment structure and raw product inventory levels to run the plant in a safe, effective manner. Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials. Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates the performance of warehouse team; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the plant; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from inventory control for timely data entry.
- Oversees the supplying of materials to fabrication and stages material for assembly and sub-assembly. Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse.
- Develop plans and supervise various departmental meetings and participate in various growth based campaigns. Analyze and ensure better result to fulfill all business requirements.
- Provide support and join improvement based methods. Analyze all opportunities and recommend ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Supervise effective compilation and collection of information and data to enhance growth.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous supervisory experience in a warehouse position.
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Excellent organization and efficient time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, able to resolve conflict, and problem-solving
What Zume has to Offer:
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.