WHO WE ARE
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
As a Plant Manager, you’ll take on the responsibility of overseeing plant activities in order to meet business objectives. You will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. You will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the processing plant.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to production supervisor.
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- 5+ years’ plant operations experience
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants
- Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to explain training material to our operating staff
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skill
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Options (RSU's)
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.