Who We Are
Zume is engineering the world's transition to a sustainable food future by creating a “sustainability fabric” of technology solutions designed to make the food supply chain smarter and more connected to help brands move food closer to demand, improve efficiency and reduce waste.
We're innovating in the fields of AI/ML, predictive analytics, IoT, Robotics, power technology, logistics, and more.
Zume’s solutions include Zume Forward, which helps food companies predict demand and deploy food and goods where people want them; Zume Source, which provides economically superior and more sustainable alternatives for how food is grown, transported, prepared and packaged; and Zume Culinary, which optimizes cuisines for food delivery customers.
Zume is scaling its manufacturing of compostable packaging products and is looking for exceptional hands-on MES and SAP MII expert to lead the effort.
What You'll Do
Lead and manage a group of MII engineers to help with MII integration into Zume's manufacturing plant in California Lead and manage deployment into other Zume manufacturing plants Work with integration partner for knowledge transfer Lead and manage design and delivery of changes based on specific plant needs (traveling to multiple facilities). Bring best practices and alignment between manufacturing, supply chain, warehouse, finance and accounting with respect to MES Manage training as new features are rolled out Build & mentor a world class team to support Zume's commitment to replace 1 billion plastic containers with compostable solutions by 2020.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in scoping, requirements gathering/definition, architecture, design, implementation and deployment of MES systems
- 3+ years experience in scoping, requirements gathering/definition, architecture, design, implementation and deployment of SAP MII systems with PCo,
- 5+ years managing software teams and employee performance management
- Degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree
- Proven track record of 4 or more successful executions of the full MES (SAP MII) deployment from initial planning to first release and delivering on schedule in a fast paced agile set up
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and to maintain a high degree of technical involvement with your team
- Expertise in Java, Web Services, JSON
- Expertise in Dreamweaver, Fiori
- Expertise in SQL, HANA and NoSQL databases
- Experience with KepwareServer, OPC and working with different PLCs, SCADA and DCS systems
- Experience in integrating MES to ERP, PLM, etc with high level knowledge of necessary SAP functional modules such as SAP PP, MM, QM etc.
- Knowledge of ISA-95 standards for Enterprise-Control Systems Integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and planning, work ethic, client facing and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed system problem solving skills having solved complex business problems within or across multiple systems
- SAP Certifications are a plus
- Willing to travel up to 25%
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision and 75% for you and your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.